[Coral-List] Call for volunteers

Jim Hendee Jim.Hendee at noaa.gov
Tue Dec 11 17:53:58 EST 2007

   -------- Original Message --------

   Subject: Call for volunteers
      Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 14:51:06 -0500
      From: Francis Staub [1]<fstaub at iyor.org>
        To: 'Jim Hendee' [2]<Jim.Hendee at noaa.gov>

   As  you  may  know, 2008 has been designated the International Year of
   the  Reef  (IYOR)  by  the International Coral Reef Initiative (ICRI -
   [3]http://www.icriforum.org). ICRI is a global coral reef conservation
   partnership,  currently  co-hosted  by  Mexico  and the United States,
   among  governments,  international organizations, and non-governmental
   organizations.  IYOR  2008  will  be a worldwide campaign to: 1) raise
   awareness about the value and importance of coral reefs and threats to
   their survival and, 2) motivate people to take action to protect coral
   reefs.

   One of the features of the web site ("ask the expert") allows visitors
   to  ask  question  about coral reefs. We are looking for volunteers to
   help  us  to  reply  to  the  questions  (at  this  stage  we  are not
   anticipating a lot of them). The answers should be for general public.
   We will list all the questions and answers on the IYOR web site.

   If you are interested in helping please email your contact information
   and field of expertise(s) to [4]expert at iyor.org.

   Thanks in advance for your help,

   Francis

   Francis Staub