[Coral-List] Job Announcement- Coral Program Staff Assistant
buffonei at imsg.com
Fri Dec 28 15:50:45 EST 2007
I.M. Systems Group, Inc. (IMSG) has a job opportunity available for a Coral Program Staff Assistant to work on a one year contract at the Department of Interior's Ocean Coordinating Office.
If your are interested in applying for this postion, please send your resume to jobs at imsg.com <mailto:jobs at imsg.com> as indicated below in the job description.
Sr. Recruitment Specialist
BuffoneI at IMSG.com
Job Description - Coral Program Staff Assistant
I.M. Systems Group (www.imsg.com), a contractor to the National Oceanic and
Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) in Silver Spring, MD, seeks an individual to serve as staff in the Department of the Interior's (DOI) Ocean's Coordinating Office (OCO) working on marine program activities with the US Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS). This individual will work in the DOI OCO (http://www.doi.gov/initiatives/ocean.html) as staff assistant to the US Coral Reef Task Force (CRTF- http://www.coralreef.gov/), with the FWS, and with NOAA's Coral Reef Conservation Program (CRCP- www.coralreef.noaa.gov/) in the areas of program coordination and development, strategic planning, partnership building, and information management. The DOI's OCO coordinates ocean and coastal activities within DOI and with other agencies. NOAA's CRCP supports effective management and sound science to preserve, sustain and restore valuable coral reef ecosystems. This position will be in located in Washington D.C. metropolitan area (potentially in both Silver Spring, MD and with the DOI in Wash. DC).
* Provide a range of programmatic support to DOI, FWS, and the CRTF Secretariat.
* Participate in various working groups and program teams.
* Assist with news letters, website support, reports, and meeting preparation.
* Support program strategic planning and coordination efforts.
* Review and provide comments on documents and reports.
* Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline such as marine science, biology, marine policy, environmental management, or policy.
* Strong verbal and writing skills.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; leadership ability on projects.
* Self-motivated, creative, energetic, strategic thinker with a can-do attitude.
* Ability to work well individually and cooperatively with a range of individuals.
* Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and to shift priorities as needed.
* Willingness to learn new skills and work with motivated individuals.
* Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office programs; Dreamweaver knowledge a plus but not required.
* One year program or project planning preferred; other leadership skills can substitute.
* Familiarity with ocean, coastal and coral reef conservation and management issues.
Qualified candidates may apply by e-mailing a cover letter, resume, and 3 references (MS Word format strongly preferred) to the following email: jobs at imsg.com with the subject heading: NOA07043 - Coral Program Staff Assistant. This position is for one year and the vacancy announcement is open until filled. The maximum salary paid for this position is $40,000 per year and is commensurate with experience.
IMSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More information about the Coral-List