[Coral-List] Job Announcemnt - Coral Program Specialist
buffonei at imsg.com
Fri Feb 16 14:51:48 EST 2007
I.M. Systems Group, Inc.(IMSG) currently has a job opening for a
Specialist to work at the National Marine Fisheries Service office in
A job description is listed below and a copy is also attached for your
All interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume per
instructions listed below to jobs at imsg.com.
Coral Program Specialist
I.M. Systems Group (www.imsg.com), a contractor to the National
Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration in Silver Spring, MD, seeks an
individual to serve as a Coral Program Specialist to coordinate coral
reef program activities for either the Atlantic or Pacific Region.
This individual will work with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric
Administration's (NOAA's) Coral Reef Conservation Program (CRCP-
www.coralreef.noaa.gov/) in the areas of program coordination,
program development, strategic planning, partnership building, and
NOAA's Coral Reef Conservation Program supports effective management
and sound science to preserve, sustain and restore valuable coral reef
ecosystems. This position is with the program's National Marine
Fisheries Service office in Silver Spring, MD.
* Manage regional coral reef efforts. Facilitate and coordinate
meetings. Develop priorities and monitor performance. Provide
budget forecasting and prepare funding requests. (May require
travel to Pacific and/or Florida and the Caribbean regions
* Serve as office contact for the Coral Reef Task Force.
* Participate in various Task Force working groups such as with the
aquaculture and International Year of the Reef working groups.
* Manage outreach and communication efforts for shallow and deep
corals. Participate in the implementation of the Communication
and Outreach strategic plan.
* Support program strategic planning efforts including
identification of priorities, development of performance measures,
and implementation of an external program review process.
* Review and provide comments on CRCP documents and reports. Assist
with editing and formatting of technical reports.
* Participate in Staff Evaluation and Assessment (SEA) team planning
meetings, proposal evaluations, and internal team planning.
* Assist with coral reef conservation grants, including the NFWF
* Assist in the compilation and review of NMFS information for the
State of Coral Reef Ecosystems of the United States report.
* Assist with the development of a new deep-water coral program.
* Master's degree (strongly preferred) or Bachelor's degree in a
relevant discipline such as marine science, biology, marine
policy, environmental management, or policy.
* Strong verbal and writing skills.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Self-motivated energetic strategic thinker.
* Ability to work well individually and cooperatively with a range
* Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and to shift
priorities as needed.
* Willingness to learn new skills.
* Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
* Two -three years of program or project planning preferred.
* Familiarity with coral reef conservation and management issues.
Qualified candidates may apply by e-mailing a cover letter, resume,
and 3 references (MS Word format strongly preferred) to the following
email: jobs at imsg.com with the subject heading: NOA07008 - Coral
The vacancy announcement is open until filled. The salary for this
position is commensurate with experience. IMSG is an Equal
1. mailto:jobs at imsg.com
4. mailto:jobs at imsg.com
More information about the Coral-List