[Coral-List] Harold Hudson Cayman Island Reef Dedication

Todd Barber reefball at reefball.com
Fri Feb 23 14:12:32 EST 2007

The Reef Ball Foundation is conducting a project (starting tommorow) Feb 24-March 3rd in the Cayman Islands
and will be casting and deploying a Harold Hudson "layer cake" artificial reef module with a specially made
navy brass plaque bearing the words in raised lettering:

       "The Reef Doctor"
      Harold Hudson, Phd
  The Reef Ball Foundation
            Thanks You

The module will be deployed at approximately
19°21'52.82"N  81°23'48.99"W

along with 30 additional modules which will be planted
with propagated corals rescued from hurricane damaged stock.
Volunteers from around the world are gathering for the project
including some of Harold's students to plant the corals.

The reef will be added to over time to help rehabilitate nearshore
habitat loss due to Hurricane Ivan.  For more information
feel free to contact me.

The brass plaque was donated by Eternal Reefs and $5,000 of funding for the project
came from the Harold Hudson Layer Cake Fund of the Reef Ball Foundation.
Additional funding came from the Reef Ball Foundation, Cayman Department of
Enviornment, Marriott Beach Resort Hotel, Red Sail Sports, and the Spurlino Foundation
and others

Congratulations Harold on all your achievements!

Thanks,

Todd R. Barber
Chairman, Reef Ball Foundation
3305 Edwards Court,
Greenville, NC 27858
941-720-7549 Cell
252-353-9094 Direct
Skype Toddbarber or Skype In (252) 557-1047, United States (+1)
MSN messenger reefball at hotmail.com
reefball at reefball.com (email address)