[Coral-List] ID of possible coral parasite?

Keven Reed reedkc at comcast.net
Thu Jan 18 08:01:04 EST 2007

My first wild guess (impression) is a marine gastrotrich:  ciliated, appropriate size range, ten pin body shape, hermaphroditic, adhesive mechanism for substrate.

Marine gastrotrichs will eat bacteria, diatoms, & small protozoa (dead or alive).
Curiously,
Keven

PS:  I am NOT a gastrotrich molecular taxonomist.

Keven Reed, O.D.
Orange Park, FL  32003