[Coral-List] Research Divers Needed - Educational Oppertunity/Internship

Sadie sadiewadd at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 10:16:39 EST 2007

I am looking for research divers to help with my graduate project on
Turneffe Atoll, Belize. Please forward to any interested parties.

I am a Geography Master's student comparing/quantifying  the rate of
sediment accumulation on coral reefs in mangrove intact and disturbed
areas. I am also examining sediment erosion rates in paired intact and
disturbed mangrove sites on land.

This study requires multiple visits to the atoll and I am looking to
connect with interested, advanced certified scuba divers (research
divers a plus!), who would be available for a one week period in
either/or April, July and October 2007.  (Students don't need to
participate in all dates, but are welcome too).

My next visit is scheduled for April 7th for one week. I  and am
looking for a maximum of  two research assistants to help with the
research. Perhaps you are or know a group of students who need to
participate in an internship, this would be a great learning
opportunity for you/them.

Please contact me for further information at sadiewadd at gmail.com

--

Sadie Waddington