[Coral-List] Information about the Gulf of Mexico

vassil zlatarski vzlatarski at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 26 02:41:51 EST 2007

Hi Catarina,

  There is a considerable list of papers and a lot of unpublished information about the coral communities from Veracruz, all around the Peninsula of Yucatan to Chinchorro.  The knowledge on Cuban corals is rich and interesting.  The answer depends of where to begin.  What do you have and where are you doing your thesis?  I would be glad to share what I know.

  Vassil Zlatarski

Catarina Cúcio <catarinacucio at gmail.com> wrote:  Dear colleages from Coral-List

I am currently doing my thesis in the Gulf of Mexico, in Yucatán,Mexico. My
point is to describe the coral communities from the reefs near by Sisal, a
small unexploited fisherman village. I'm making a list of coral species from
Quintana Roo, Cuba and other reefs in the Gulf (like Veracruz, Cayo Arenas,
Cayo Arcas and Alacranes) to compare with those that I will find around
here, and I would like to know if there's someone who knows sources of
papers, books or conferences with species lists for these places. I would be
very gratefful if you could send me some information about that, it would be
very useful to my work!

Thank you for your attention

Cheers

Catarina