[Coral-List] Ove's rebuttal to those who would not wash

Les Kaufman lesk at bu.edu
Tue Jul 24 17:43:52 EDT 2007

In agreement with Caspar but remember, temperature aside,
acidification/carbonate limitation is a potentially really serious
problem for coral reefs in any event.  It was amusing that we can
have naked corals pretending to be anemones, but (a) not sure how
many hermatypes can actually pull that stunt and (b) still curtains
for coral reefs as a habitat.  This is essentially the same as Ove's
response under "#2" but for pCO2 instead of temperature.

les

Les Kaufman
Professor of Biology
Boston University Marine Program
and
Senior PI
Marine Management Area Science
Conservation International

“I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.”
George W. Bush
Saginaw, Michigan; September 29, 2000