[Coral-List] Job offer - Beautiful Oceans - Caribbean

Stephan Becker sbecker at beautifuloceans.com
Sun Jul 29 15:16:09 EDT 2007

Hello,

This is a job offer for posting on  the NOAA coral list – thank you,
Stephan Becker

BEGIN OF POSTING

---

JOB OFFER – BEAUTIFUL OCEANS - CARIBBEAN

Beautiful Oceans (www.beautifuloceans.com), a corporate framework for marine
conservation, is looking to fill 2 positions for a week-long public coral
reef education event in the Caribbean this fall (October 27 to November 3).
The event will educate tourists (recreational scuba divers) in basic marine
biology with the aim of raising awareness of the coral reef ecosystem.

MAJOR DUTIES:

Applicants will take Beautiful Oceans online Science Instructor
certification and assist Beautiful Oceans staff on the trip. As a Science
Instructor you will help teach Beautiful Oceans courses to recreational
divers and accompany them during observation and interpretation scuba dives.
This position is for one week; it does not represent full time employment.
Successful applicant may be considered for additional trips planned for
2008.

SALARY: Science Instructors receive $500US per trip. All expenses related to
the trip (flight allowance covering round trip from most North American
locations, accommodation, food, diving) are covered by Beautiful Oceans.

QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum qualification is a B.Sc (M.Sc preferred). Science
Instructors will need to accompany divers and snorkelers in water, must have
excellent interpersonal skills and must enjoy presenting course content in
front of a class and answering questions from clients related to marine
biology. A professional diving certification, such as Divemaster or Dive
Instructor is preferred, but only a minimum of Open Water Diver with
experience is required for this trip.

Beautiful Oceans will deduct the price of teaching materials for two coral
reef biology courses supplied to the Science Instructor Candidate. The
online Science Instructor Development Course (SIDC) and webcam Science
Instructor Examination (SIE) are free. Each Online SIDC and SIE takes
approximately 15 hours and can be done online in our eAcademy
(www.academy3.beautifuloceans.com <http://www.academy3.beautifuloceans.com/>
). Certified dive professionals will be able to teach Beautiful Oceans
courses and to certify students autonomously after the trip
(www.pro.beautifuloceans.com).

Additional Beautiful Oceans trips are planned for 2008 and will use the same
materials. Beautiful Oceans Science Instructors are only paid for the trips
they take.

WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Applicants from all countries, but North American
applicants preferred because of the increased cost of travel to the
Caribbean from elsewhere.

PLEASE REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE IN WRITING WITH SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS TO:
STEPHAN BECKER at stephan at beautifuloceans.com.

---

END OF POSTING

Beautiful Oceans
Stephan Becker BBA, MMH, DiplEnv.
President CEO
P.O. Box 48088
Bernard Branch
Montreal (QC) H2V 4S8
Canada

Phone 1: 1-800-930-4078 (North America only)
Phone 2: 1-514-907-1935
Fax 1: 1-514-276-1809
Fax 2: 1-514-461-0878
stephan at beautifuloceans.com
www.beautifuloceans.com

"In the end, we will conserve only what we love, we will love only what we
understand, we will understand only what we are taught." Baba Dioum, Senegal

===============NOTICE===============
This message and any attachments are the property of Beautiful Oceans and
are intended solely for the named recipients or entity to whom this message
is addressed. If you have received this message in error please inform the
sender via e-mail and destroy the message. If you are not the intended
recipient you are not allowed to use, copy or disclose the contents or
attachments in whole or in part.
Ce message et toute pièce jointe sont la propriété de Beaux Océans et sont
destinés seulement aux personnes ou à l'entité à qui le message est adressé.
Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez le détruire et en aviser
l'expéditeur par courriel. Si vous n'êtes pas le
destinataire du message, vous n'êtes pas autorisé à utiliser, à copier ou à
divulguer le contenu du message ou ses pièces jointes en tout ou en partie.