[Coral-List] Identification of juvenile scleractinian Corals

Alex Boughton abough at essex.ac.uk
Wed Jun 20 18:16:25 EDT 2007

Dear All,
I will soon be going out to Indonesia to undertake some research for
my dissertation project.  I will specifically be looking at the
factors that influence the recruitment and survival of scleractinian
corals within the reef systems.  I am hoping to be able to identify
the juveniles present to genus level, however I have been told that
this can be challenging and I am struggling to find literature that
can help with identification, i have reviewed Baird and Babcock 2000
as a staring point however I was wondering if any one knew of any
papers with useful identification information or specific keys to
identification?

Regards,

Alex Boughton
abough at essex.ac.uk