[Coral-List] John Claydon..branching coral growth rate

hreyes hreyes at uabcs.mx
Wed Mar 7 14:51:52 EST 2007

john, we are using plastic tie-wraps to measure coral growth in pocillopora
from the gulf of california (place the tie near the base of a branch and
measure distance from the edge of the plastic to the tip of the coral, return
later, repeat and record the difference). just to be sure we compared the data
with alizarin-marked branches and they work fine!

Hector Reyes
UABCS, La Paz