[Coral-List] Research Advice Needed

Chris Zuidema cmz7 at cornell.edu
Thu Mar 8 15:05:40 EST 2007

Hello Coral-List

 I am conducting a small-scale environmental impact assessment on a bay
of South Caicos, Turks and Caicos Islands, Caribbean, that is about to
undergo dredging. I am writing for some advice from the experts.

I would like to create a habitat map of the bay which has an area of
about 1 to 1.5 km^2 and a depth range of 0.5 to 9 m. Habitat categories
within the bay include: seagrass beds, algal plains, sand plains and
reef flats. My question is: what would be the best method to accurately
map out these habitats so as to be able to confirm change after dredging?

 My resources include boat, GPS, manta-tow, scuba and three people.

 Thank you for the help,

 Chris Zuidema