[Coral-List] The Great Global Warming Swindle

Mark Eakin Mark.Eakin at noaa.gov
Fri Mar 23 16:09:00 EDT 2007

It continues to amaze me when reputable scientists rely on partisan
or opinionated sources as reliable references for scientific
discussions.  NGOs and politicians on both sides of this, and most
other, debates often use selective data to make their points.
Journalists may go even farther to maximize their draw.

I suggest that you skip the opinion web sites and read the IPCC
report.  The 4th assessment report is now coming out.  It was
developed by more than 2,000 scientists from more than 100
countries.  This is an intergovernmental body, meaning that
scientists involved were cleared by their governments.

The Summary for Policy Makers for Working Group I "The Physical
Science Basis" was released in February and is available from http://
www.ipcc.ch/.  If you really care about the issue, you can manage to
read the 13 pages of text plus figures.

Working Group II on Impacts, Adaptation, and Vulnerability will be
released on 6 April.

Cheers,
Mark

------------------------
C. Mark Eakin, Ph.D.
Coordinator, NOAA Coral Reef Watch
Center for Satellite Applications and Research
Satellite Oceanography & Climate Division
e-mail: mark.eakin at noaa.gov
url: coralreefwatch.noaa.gov

E/RA31, SSMC1, Room 5308
1335 East West Highway
Silver Spring, MD 20910-3226
301-713-2857 x109                   Fax: 301-713-3136

The contents of this message are mine personally and do not
necessarily reflect any position of the Government or the National
Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.