[Coral-List] The Great Global Warming Swindle

scott.stripling scott.stripling at noaa.gov
Fri Mar 23 19:55:02 EDT 2007

Coral Listers-

The meteorological community was abuzz earlier this year, with the
release of this
IPCC (4th) report in February, and the American Meteorological Society's
endorsement
of the World Meteorological Organization statement on Climate Change and
Tropical Cyclones, issued in January. It appears that the skeptics from
the met
and climate communities continue to dwindle in numbers and are now in
the very
small minority. These two very important reports were consensus
statements where
many members had to bend over and give in to find common ground.
However, it
is even surprising to me to see how far we (the met community) have come
with this issue
in the past few years.

A more direct link for the IPCC report is  http://www.ipcc.ch/SPM2feb07.pdf
and the AMS endorsement statement and WMO link is at
http://www.ametsoc.org/policy/wmo.html

I concur with Mark, and suggest reading through the reports and
educating yourself
on the data. There is a broad spectrum of views available in the media
and on the web,
and any angle on these topics can be found, or massaged, to present ones
personal taste.

Happy reading, and please carry on with your debate.

Scott Stripling
NOAA-NWS
San Juan, Puerto Rico