[Coral-List] The Great Global Warming Swindle

Elisha Wood-Charlson woodchae at science.oregonstate.edu
Mon Mar 26 12:17:30 EDT 2007

Re: 2 quick points (that I felt needed to be emphasized)

1) I agree with Phil Dustan.  In the end, it really doesn't matter who
is right or wrong, or even what is really causing "Global Warming"
(though, as a scientist it pains me to say that).  We can argue over the
details all we want, but arguing doesn't really help anyone that has to
meet Global Warming face to face as it blows down their front door (for
the fortunate people that have a front door to hide behind in the first
place).

2) I also agree with Lara Hansen.  We can no longer trust the media or
government to properly (or even correctly) explain science to the
general public.  There are too many hidden agendas, and unfortunately,
some scientists seem to be getting wrapped up in their own hidden
agendas.  The rest of us really have to get out and learn to speak about
our science in a language that everyone can 1) UNDERSTAND and 2) stay
awake long enough to get the message across.

Elisha Wood-Charlson
Graduate Student
Oregon State University