[Coral-List] Polar Bear Ad

Brad Baldwin bbaldwin at stlawu.edu
Wed Mar 28 12:48:51 EDT 2007

Thanks Alina. Very true and very worth the time we spend on this with
our own kids as well as with young kids in primary and secondary
schools. I hope you all find time to volunteer to visit such schools to
give presentations on this (teachers love such contributions). And while
you're at it, if you believe it as much as I do, don't forget to mention
that there's no need to have large families anymore. Sacred ground I
realize but this is the core reason we have so many environmental
problems. Even if kids grow up living the high ecological footprint
lifestyle (how can you convince them not to?), they can profoundly help
"the cause(s)" simply by choosing not to place large numbers of new
humans on the planet. (They may also lead richer and saner lives because
of this choice!) In the meantime, do the good conservation research you
do and buy and preserve your own 50-100 acre slice of what's left of the
planet and take care of it during your lifetime.
Brad Baldwin