[Coral-List] Far red light

Steve Dalton sdalton at nmsc.edu.au
Thu May 31 02:52:04 EDT 2007

Hi I am trying to establish the wavelength of far red light, which is
used to oxidise the accepter side of PSII.  If anyone can help with
identifying this and if possible recommend a filter type and a supplier
that would be great. I have a darkroom filter holder which has an Ilford
915 filter housed but the absorption curve for this filter indicates
that it allows wavelengths of over 600nm - 700nm+ through.  I don't
think that this filter is appropriate because chl a absorbs wavelengths
between 650 - 700nm.  Any advice would be great.

Cheers

Steve

believed to be clean.