[Coral-List] EGU Vienna 2008 - Session on high-resolution marine archives

Thomas Felis tfelis at uni-bremen.de
Thu Nov 22 03:42:57 EST 2007

Dear Colleagues,

at the next European Geosciences Union (EGU) General Assembly in
Vienna (13 - 18 April 2008) we are convening the session:

"Climate and ocean dynamics from high-resolution marine archives"
(CL8)

This session will address the reconstruction of past climate and ocean
variability on interannual to centennial timescales from high-resolution
marine archives such as laminated sediments and deposits from high
accumulation sites, corals, sclerosponges, and clams.

Topics of interest include the natural range of seasonality and interannual
to multidecadal climate variability of the coupled ocean-atmosphere
system, expressed in a variety of climate modes such as ENSO,
NAO/AO, AMO, SAM and the monsoonal systems, during past periods
including those with boundary conditions different from today.
Furthermore, short-term changes in the ocean circulation and surface
and deeper-ocean characteristics will be addressed.

Contributions are welcome on the application of established and new
proxies and their statistical interpretation. Presentations on the
combination of proxy-based reconstructions with state-of-the-art climate
model simulations are encouraged, in order to provide a better process-
orientated understanding of climate and ocean dynamics on these
timescales.

Our session is CL8. Information on abstract submission can be found
here:
http://www.cosis.net/members/meetings/sessions/information.php?p_id=
298&s_id=5340

General information on the EGU General Assembly 2008 can be found
here:
http://meetings.copernicus.org/egu2008/

Note that the deadline for the receipt of abstracts is 14 January 2008!

Note that the deadline for the receipt of abstracts with support
applications is 7 December 2007!

We look forward to seeing you in Vienna.

Helge Arz and Thomas Felis

Dr. Helge W. Arz
GeoForschungszentrum Potsdam
14473 Potsdam
Germany
e-mail: harz at gfz-potsdam.de

Dr. Thomas Felis
MARUM-Center for Marine Environmental Sciences
DFG-Research Center for Ocean Margins (RCOM)
University of Bremen
28359 Bremen
Germany
e-mail: tfelis at uni-bremen.de