[Coral-List] "Reef Status and Trends" Mini-Symposium

Greg Jacoski gjacoski at nova.edu
Wed Oct 3 11:21:45 EDT 2007

Dear Coral-Listers:

We would like to invite you to participate in Mini-Symposium 18, "Reef
status and trends", being held at the 11th International Coral Reef
Symposium in Fort Lauderdale, FL, July 7-11, 2008.

The 11th ICRS science program will address scientific questions within the
framework of a series of Mini-Symposia developed to address problems and
issues on contemporary coral reefs that will assist in the management to
sustain future reefs.

The central topics for Mini-Symposium 18 are as follows:

1) What are the current status and trends of the world's coral reefs?
2) How does recovery from stress differ depending on the extent and severity
of habitat damage and variations in depth and reef structure?
3) How have global coral reef monitoring programs contributed to coral reef
research, conservation, and management?
4) Can we improve coral reef ecology and socioeconomic monitoring to answer
the questions: how are reefs responding to global climate change?

Submissions that address these questions are encouraged but not mandatory.
We welcome abstract submissions on these topics as well as all aspects of
"Reef status and trends". If you have an alternative question you are
addressing, please so note. All submissions addressing "Reef status and
trends" are encouraged to be submitted for consideration.

When submitting your abstracts, please use the session code: Mini-Symposium
18. THE DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS 15 NOVEMBER 2007.

For abstract submission, registration, and other information, please visit:
http://www.nova.edu/ncri/11icrs/

Mini-Symposium 18, "Reef status and trends"

Co-Conveners:
Clive Wilkinson
David Souter
Loureene Jones
Christy Loper

If you know of anyone who might be interested who might not receive this
notice, please pass it along. We look forward to your participation. If you
have questions, please feel free to contact us.

Gregory Jacoski

National Coral Reef Institute

NSU Oceanographic Center

8000 North Ocean Drive