[Coral-List] Live broadcast from Aquarius undersea lab

Jim Hendee Jim.Hendee at noaa.gov
Wed Sep 19 16:31:06 EDT 2007

Greetings!

    You may find this interesting:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Live broadcast from Aquarius undersea lab Thursday morning
Date: 	Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:25:50 -0400
From: 	Burnside, Jeff (NBC Universal, WTVJ) <Jeff.Burnside at nbcuni.com>
To: 	Jim Hendee <Jim.Hendee at noaa.gov>

Hello,

    I want to invite you to watch a bit of history Thursday morning.

    If all goes according to plan, I'll be broadcasting live from inside
Aquarius, the world's only undersea research lab. It's the first time a
reporter has ever broadcast live from Aquarius. It's 65 feet below the
surface on a coral reef nine miles off Key Largo in the Atlantic ocean.
You'll see and hear details about the aquanauts researching climate
change impact on reefs, acidification of the oceans, the mysterious role
of sponges in keeping reefs clean of toxins from onshore runoff, and
more. The aquanauts live for ten days in the undersea lab.

    If you want to watch:

    11:40am Eastern time: NBC 6 in South Florida, and online at www.nbc6.net
    11:50am Eastern time: MSNBC

    If you miss the live broadcast, watch the video later at www.nbc6.net