[Coral-List] 11th ICRS "Lessons From the Past" Call for Abstracts

eshinn at marine.usf.edu eshinn at marine.usf.edu
Wed Sep 26 14:29:05 EDT 2007

Dear Coral-Listers:

    We would like to inform you that we are now accepting abstracts for the
11th ICRS Mini-Symposium 1, "Lessons From the Past", being held in Fort
Lauderdale, July 7-11, 2008.
    The 11th ICRS science program will address scientific questions within
the framework of a series of Mini-Symposia developed to address problems and
issues on contemporary coral reefs that will assist management to sustain
future reefs.

    The central topics of Mini-Symposium 1 are as follows:
    1) What factors have led to distribution, health, and demise of coral
reef communities over geologic time with emphasis on the last one million
years?
    2) How have our approaches to Caribbean coral reef geology changed since
the 1970's? A tribute to Robert F. Dill.
    3) Is the past the key to the present and future? How can past patterns
of coral reef change inform the discussion about recent coral decline?

    Submissions that address these questions are encouraged but not
mandatory. We welcome abstract submissions on these topics as well as all
aspects of "Lessons From the Past". If you have an alternative question you
are addressing, please so note. All submissions addressing "Lessons From the
Past" are encouraged to be submitted for consideration.
    When submitting your abstracts, please use the session code:
Mini-Symposium 1. THE DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS NOVEMBER 15, 2007.
    For abstract submission, registration, and other information, please
visit: http://www.nova.edu/ncri/11icrs

    Mini-Symposium 1, "Lessons From the Past"

    Co-Conveners:
    Dennis Hubbard
    Wilson Ramirez
    Eugene Shinn
    Clark Sherman
    Lisa Greer

    If you know anyone who might be interested who might not receive this
notice, please pass it along. We look forward to your participation. If you
have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

 <http://www.nova.edu/ncri/11icrs>