[Coral-List] Coral Surface Area

Judith Lang jlang at riposi.net
Mon Apr 7 14:48:39 EDT 2008

Hi Tyler,
According to Fisher (2007, p. 53), the surface area of a massive
hemisphere can approximated as 2 times pi times the square of r
(radius), where r is estimated as the average of all three dimensions,
(i.e., LWH)/3).
Cheers,
Judy
Fisher, WS 2006. Stony Coral Rapid Bioassessment Protocol. EPA /600/
R-06/167