[Coral-List] More on Open Access according to Springer

Gattuso, Jean-Pierre gattuso2 at obs-vlfr.fr
Thu Apr 10 01:00:26 EDT 2008

Listers,

I thank Richard Dunne for pointing out a mistake in my post about the
Springer "Open Choice" policy sent yesterday. In fact, publishing color
is free in both the electronic and printed version of Coral Reefs.
Therefore, the "Open Choice" charge to make article freely accessible to
everyone is US$ 3,000 plus VAT, with no additional cost. This correction
does not alter my conclusion that it is a costly scheme for authors.

Cheers,
Jean-Pierre

--
Jean-Pierre Gattuso | http://www.obs-vlfr.fr/~gattuso