[Coral-List] Xestospongia muta damage

Melissa Keyes mekvinga at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 29 15:46:59 EDT 2008

   Hello, Listers,

   Once I found the edge of a very large Xestospongia muta had presumably
   been damaged very recently by a diver grabbing it, there were three
   pieces of it lying on the sand.  It looked like very new damage.  I
   carefully pieced back together the bits.  On another dive two weeks
   later, the sponge had healed and fused back together so well that the
   damage wasn't visible.  Yes, the same sponge.

   Amazing creatures.

   Melissa E. Keyes

   St Croix, USVI

   Caribbean Sea

   Be  a  better  friend,  newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.
   [1]Try it now.