[Coral-List] education for the masses (seminar in Washington DC)

Joselyd joselyd_99 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 8 11:48:42 EDT 2008

Hello,

To along with the "education for the masses", the Gratham Prize winners will give seminars on Sept. 8th in Washington DC where they describe the work involved in reporting their stories, and the impacts of those stories. This could be a good seminar to attend to see more on how the media is getting the word out about our changing environment. Oh and let me mention that it is free to the public but seating is limited!

>From their website: The Gratham Prize for Excellence in Reporting on the Environment was established in September 2005 to
annually recognize and honor the work of one journalist or team of
journalists for exemplary reporting on the environment. The purpose of the Prize is to encourage outstanding coverage of the
environment, to recognize reporting that has the potential to bring
about constructive change, and to broadly disseminate the Prize-winning
story to increase public awareness and understanding of issues focusing
on the environment.

The website for registration and more information: http://www.granthamprize.org/seminar

Sincerely,
Joselyd