[Coral-List] New SECORE weblog online!

Dirk Petersen d.petersen at rotterdamzoo.nl
Mon Aug 11 10:13:54 EDT 2008

Dear all,

this week, a team of scientists and aquarium professionals will leave to Puerto Rico for the 4th SECORE workshop. Two research teams around Iliana Baums (Penn State) and Mary Hagedorn (Smithsonian) will join the SECORE group for the spawning of the threatened Elkhorn coral Acropora palmata. Spawning is predicted around Aug 22 and 23.

Because of its great success in the past year, we have set up a weblog again to give people around the globe the chance to join us online!

Since this weekend, the blog is online giving interesting background facts on the planned research, participants and the location. From the end of this week, we will daily update the weblog with latest facts, photos and movie clips for the duration of the workshop. Feel free to visit us at www.secore.org

Please forward this link to your colleagues and friends.

Dr. Dirk Petersen
Marine Biologist
General Coordinator SECORE
Rotterdam Zoo, Oceanium