[Coral-List] Sharpnose Puffer

Delbeek, Charles cdelbeek at calacademy.org
Wed Dec 31 11:33:05 EST 2008

This is quite common and I have seen it in Hawaii with Chevron Tangs
(Ctenochaetus hawaiiensis), dart fish (Nemateleotris magnifica), glass eyes
(Priacanthus, to name just a few. In July of 2001 Oahu experienced a heavy
recruitment of reef squid, Sepiateuthis lessoniana, which up until then were
rarely if ever seen, since then they have become established around Oahu but
their numbers have dwindled some since then. Not sure how a cephalopod like
that fits into your model. :-)

Cheers!
Charles

J. Charles Delbeek, M.Sc.
Senior Aquatic Biologist, Steinhart Aquarium
California Academy of Sciences
55 Music Concourse Dr.
San Francisco CA 94118

phone (415) 379-5303