[Coral-List] New Marine Education Resource: Treasures in the Sea

Dan Brumbaugh dbrumbaugh at amnh.org
Thu Feb 14 20:06:41 EST 2008

Apologies for cross-postings - Please respond to Meg Domroese with
comments or questions

Dear Colleague,

We are pleased to announce the companion website to Treasures in the
Sea: Our Bahamian Marine Resources, a new resource book that provides
educators with scientific information and engaging, hands-on activities
that encourage students to discover, cherish, and protect the sea and
all of its treasures.

Visit the website to download the book or sections of the book, link to
resources related to the activities, find out about training workshops
in The Bahamas, and share teaching ideas and experiences in marine
conservation education.

http://treasures.amnh.org?mid=55

We hope you will find Treasures in the Sea useful and welcome any
feedback you may have!

Sincerely,
Meg Domroese
Center for Biodiversity and Conservation, American Museum of Natural History
domroese at amnh.org <mailto:domroese at amnh.org>

Portia Sweeting
Bahamas National Trust
portia.sweeting at bahamasnationaltrust.org
<mailto:portia.sweeting at bahamasnationaltrust.org>

Treasures in the Sea grew out of the Bahamas Biocomplexity Project, an
interdisciplinary study to improve understanding of the potential for
marine protected area networks to support biodiversity conservation and
fisheries sustainability, as well as recreational and other uses. It was
developed through a partnership of the American Museum of Natural
History’s Center for Biodiversity and Conservation, the Bahamas National
Trust, and the Bahamas Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports and Culture,
with support from numerous collaborators.