[Coral-List] Marine Protected Areas Course in the Caribbean

Ligia Collado Vides colladol at fiu.edu
Fri Feb 15 16:13:22 EST 2008

Dear all

Students and practitioners interested in MPAs in the Caribbean region are
invited to enroll in an international course to be held at the Academic Unit
of Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo, Mexico, from 21-30 June 2008.  The course
“Marine Protected Areas for the South Florida, Mexican Caribbean, and
Mesoamerican Region” will analyze ecological and socioeconomic aspects of
MPA design and management, and will be co-led by researchers from the
National University of Mexico, Florida International University and NOVA
Southeaster University. We all have participation of high level managers and
scientist from NOAA (USA) and SEMARNAT (México).  Full fellowships for MPA
course are available for Latin American students.  For more information,
e-mail Ligia Collado Vides at colladol at fiu.edu.

Please find attached a flyer with details on the course.

We appreciate your help distributing this information to whom ever you might
think be interested.

Sincerely

Ligia Collado-Vides PhD

Department of Biology