[Coral-List] MAC a Failure?

Don Baker reefpeace at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 21 21:51:28 EST 2008

MAC - a Failure?   Please explain this anyone?

Don

As of January 1, 2008 Reef Check has reluctantly withdrawn support from
 the
Marine Aquarium Council's certification program due to its failure,
 however
we continue to believe that many elements of the program can be
 usefully
applied to management of the marine aquarium trade, and we continue to
 work
with the trade to try to encourage this use.

Alternate Email: donbjr95 at hotmail.com

"Dedication and motivated direction in achieving specific goals related to the care and protection of living things is not necessarily a guaranteed formula for success.  Success is, more often than not, a direct result of a person’s passion in addition to the above formula." [Don Baker, Marine Conservationist/Activist, 1998]