[Coral-List] Research Associate Position with the CHAMP

Jim Hendee Jim.Hendee at noaa.gov
Thu Feb 28 07:05:13 EST 2008

Greetings,

    NOAA/AOML's Coral Health and Monitoring Program (CHAMP) is supported
in part by personnel from the Rosenstiel School for Marine and
Atmospheric Science's Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric
Sciences (CIMAS) at the University of Miami.  We are in need of an
additional CIMAS person to help with CHAMP's information systems, some
field work at monitoring stations at remote areas, and also to provide
computer support for our Ocean Chemistry Division.  See below for
information, and visit CIMAS to apply (i.e., not to me):

    http://um.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=1165473&user_id=&ViewAll=

    Cheers,
    Jim
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job Title:     Research Associate (Research Associate 2)
Position Number:     036506
Department:     COOP INST FOR MARINE AND ATMOS STUDIES

The University of Miami is committed to educating and nurturing
students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and
beyond. We are leaders in the area of education, scholarship,
intercollegiate athletics and service. Come join our team!

The Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies (CIMAS) of
the University of Miami invites applications for a Research Associate II
position in Biological Oceanography.

Applicants must have a BS degree in Biological Oceanography,
Mathematics, Physics, Computer Programming, Environmental Science or a
related field, plus two years of relevant work experience. Necessary
skills include use of oceanographic modeling tools (especially expert
systems, neural networks, Bayesian Belief Networks), computer
programming to support these and other marine environmental modeling and
analysis tools, and experience at working in a variety of operating
systems. Position #036506. The incumbent will be responsible for
modeling the coral reef ecosystem utilizing artificial intelligence
tools, supporting computer architecture and programming to support
marine research scientists engaged in a variety of disciplines (ocean
chemistry, biology, oceanography), as well as direct support for marine
environmental research data for the Coral Health and Monitoring Program
at the Atlantic Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory. Salary:
Competitive.

Apply online at: www.miami.edu/careers. Curriculum Vitae and contact
information for three people who can provide letters of recommendation
are required.

The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive
benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition
remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of
Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.