[Coral-List] Proposed Critical Habitat for Corals

Sarah Heberling Sarah.Heberling at noaa.gov
Fri Feb 29 16:11:47 EST 2008

Hello All -

Just a reminder that next week, NOAA Fisheries Service will be holding
public comment hearings on the proposed critical designations for
threatened elkhorn and staghorn corals (see below for location details).

Additionally, the map of the proposed Florida critical habitat area
printed in the /Federal Register/ on February 6, 2008 is incorrect;
however, the textual description provided is correct and Florida Bay is
NOT part of the proposed critical habitat designation for threatened
corals.  A correction will be published in the /Federal Register/ in the
near future.  Please see the Critical Habitat FAQs here:
http://sero.nmfs.noaa.gov/pr/pdf/Web%20Postings/080207_Acropora_CH_FAQs.pdf
or contact either Jennifer Moore or me if you would like the correct
version emailed to you, prior to the correction publishing.

Thank you and I hope to see all of you at the critical habitat public
comment hearings next week.
Sarah