[Coral-List] Everglades & the Keys

Jim Hendee jim.hendee at noaa.gov
Wed Jul 2 07:24:37 EDT 2008

Gene,

  Sorry, I can't subscribe to that kind of negative energy, so I'll keep
my hopes up.  I started living in South Florida in 1950, so I, too, have
seen the Keys and the Everglades "before" and "after" (i.e., now).   I
have belief that "getting the water right" can do nothing but make
things better; and besides, what's the alternative, wring my hands and
bemoan the failure of others and watch everything go down the tubes?  I
say work with the South Florida Water Management District, Everglades
National Park, the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary, the Florida
Department of Environmental Protection, the Fish & Wildlife Service, and
the numerous other agencies and academic institutions in South Florida
to fight the good fight and try to realize the vision before us where
things take the turn for the better before we check out.  Why not do that?

  All your'n,
  Jim

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 9:28 PM, <coral-list-bounces at coral.aoml.noaa.gov