[Coral-List] Bioeroding sponges need to be monitored

Christine Schoenberg christine.schoenberg at uni-oldenburg.de
Thu Jul 10 08:59:34 EDT 2008

To the ICRS participants who missed out on getting a CD on monitoring
bioeroding sponges:

The material is now available for about 10 d on my ftp-site at:

upload.uni-oldenburg.de
user: E68947
pass: muhmigud

If you'd rather have the CD itself, please write me an email, I might
have another batch made at production and shipping cost for whoever
wants one. But it will be comparatively expensive, because of
international postage, maybe about 12 USD, so it's probably easier
just to download it.

Thanks for your enthusiastic response!!

Also, as I am writing anyway: if you have any observations on how
bioeroding sponge abundances recently develop over time at your site,
it would be very important to know. And in order to produce field
guides for various sites, we are still in need of good in situ photos
in combination with a small piece of tissue each to confirm species
ID (tissue of ca. 5 mm3 in small amount of alcohol will do). If you
like to help either way you can contact me.

Cheers, Christine

Dr. Christine Schoenberg
Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg
Faculty V
Bio- and Environmental Sciences
Department of Zoological Biodiversity and Evolution
26111 Oldenburg
Germany

ph +49-(0)441-7983611
fax +49-(0)441-7983937