[Coral-List] Origin of term "hermatypic"

shashank Keshavmurthy iamshanky15 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 20:17:15 EDT 2008

Dear Chuck

I suggest you to read the paper titled;

What is hermatypic?
A redefinition of ecological groups in corals and other organisms
Helmut Schuhmacher and Helmut Zibrowius
Coral Reefs (1985) 4: 1-9

Also, I think the term hermatypic and ahermatypic was first suggested by Wells JW in 1933 in his paper titled;

Wells JW (1933) Corals of the Cretaceous of the Atlantic and Gulf
coastal plains and western interior of the United States. Bull Am
Paleontol 18:85-288

This is according to my knowledge....

Sincerely
Shashank
Whether our efforts are, or not, favored by life, let us be able to say, when we come near the great goal,I have done what I could - Louis Pasteur

Role of Infinitely Small in Nature is Infinitely Large - Louis Pasteur
Keshavmurthy Shashank
Research Student, Graduate School of Kuroshio Science
Laboratory of Environmental Conservation
Kochi University, Monobe Campus, B 200
Nankoku, Kochi, 783-8502, Japan
Mobile: 81 08039253889
My WebPage: http://web.mac.com/coralresearch/iWeb/shashank/Welcome.html