[Coral-List] Reply to "Ideas for transporting chemicals to Indonesia" (Coral-List Digest, Vol 60, Issue 27)

Eny Buchary e.buchary at fisheries.ubc.ca
Thu Jun 26 15:26:25 EDT 2008


Hi Heather,


Steve suggestion is correct. I don't know where you are going to do your
research in Indonesia, but assuming you are going to fly through Jakarta,
you can go to:


(1) CV Harum Sari - a rather large chemicals supplier on either Jalan
Matraman or Jalan Salemba, not too far from the Cipto Mangunkusumo General
Hospital on Jalan Salemba (Jalan Matraman continues to Jalan Salemba, Jalan
= Street), or


(2) PT Kimia Farma - a national pharmaceutical company, which has many
pharmacy outlets throughout Jakarta and other large cities in the country. 


However, as some chemicals are considered hazardous chemicals and need
special permit to purchase them; therefore, I suggest that as a foreign
researcher (non Indonesian citizen) you should also get a research permit
from LIPI (Lembaga Ilmu Pengetahuan Indonesia, or Indonesian Academy of
Sciences) prior to arriving in Indonesia to start your research. Even I, as
an Indonesian citizen, need one (but not from LIPI, it's a different
procedure from different agency). Anyway, you can check the procedure with
the local Indonesian Embassy in Wellington. I am sure they can give you with
more details on the procedure.



Good luck,


Eny Buchary


¸. , . .·´¯`·.><(((º>    

><(((º>     `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><(((º>¸·´¯`·...¸><(((º>           

 ..·´¯` ><(((º>         ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.><(((º>    

Eny Anggraini Buchary (Ms.)

Ph.D. Candidate, Fisheries Centre, 

University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada

Email: e.buchary at fisheries.ubc.ca

Web page: http://www.fisheries.ubc.ca/students/ebuchary/

  ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.  ><(((º>  ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.  ><(((º>  ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.
><(((º>·.¸¸.·´¯`·.  ><(((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.  ><(((º>  ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.           



More information about the Coral-List mailing list