[Coral-List] CARIBBEAN REEFS FILM

Sarah Frias-Torres sfrias_torres at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 30 10:54:32 EDT 2008

Dea Coral-listers,
as we are only a week away from ICRS this is a reminder of an email I sent after Xmas.

I"m in pre-production of an independent film about Caribbean coral reefs. This is done on a shoestring budget with a small camcorder.
I want to know what it was like before I first arrived to this side of the Atlantic in 1996. (I'm from Barcelona, Spain).

Following Mike Risk description, I'm particularly interested on the "Grand Old People of Caribbean reef research", or anyone who was snorkelling or diving in the Caribbean on or before 1980, and their experience as they were witness to the decline of the Caribbean. I'm also interested on anyone who went through the same experience even if it was in non-Caribbean sites.

This is an open mic film, where you are free to talk, no restrictions. In addition to people willing to talk on camera (or off camera if preferred), I am also in desperate need for good photos of pristine reefs (Acropora palmata and A. cervicornis shots in particular), still photos or video.

Some of you already replied to my initial request. If you want to participate in this effort, please stop by my poster (Mini-symposium 23, number 942), so we can chat a little or perhaps arrange for some on camera time

Sarah Frias-Torres, Ph.D.
Marine Conservation Biologist
Ocean Research and Conservation Association, Fort Pierce, Florida, USA