[Coral-List] Everglades & the Keys

Jim Hendee Jim.Hendee at noaa.gov
Mon Jun 30 12:13:43 EDT 2008

There is now hope that once the River of Grass is restored, so might the
Keys be under better environmental influence and do better:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/sfl-flspwaters06-29sbjun29,0,6136602.column

This would go a long way toward helping keep the level of fertilizers
down, and provide cleaner water and more of it, and making the job of
environmental managers a lot easier, instead of being asked to perform
miracles without those events.  Now, if only the State of Florida can
work cooperatively and effectively with the USG in firming up the
commitments they made back in 2000, we might actually see two healthy
ecosystems within our lifetimes!  I hope!

    Jim