[Coral-List] Request of information (Belize fisheries)

jposada at usb.ve jposada at usb.ve
Mon Mar 31 10:32:34 EDT 2008

Dear coral-list friends:

Greetings from Venezuela.  I am interested to get information about
the level of fishing pressure on coral reef fishes in Belize,
specially for the following species: Acanthurus bahianus, Sparisoma
viride, Cephalopholis cruentatus, Lutjanus apodus, L. synagris and L.
griseus.

I tried to get in touch with Milton Haughton (who is in a leave),
James Azueta and Mauro Gongora, with no success, and I wonder if
somebody in the coral-list could have some information on this
respect, in the form of fisheries statistics (landings or fish
production), PDF´s or bibliographic references, or at least the
names/emails of others that could assist me.

Thanks in advance for all your support.  Best regards,

Juan M. Posada
Univ. Simón Bolívar
Dept. Biología de Organismos
Caracas, Venezuela