[Coral-List] free share: 3x coverage of A.millepora larval transcriptome

mikhail matz matz at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Mar 31 18:58:11 EDT 2008

Hello colleagues,

We are happy to announce that our recent foray into the realm of next
generation sequencing was quite successful - we managed to obtain 3x
coverage of the larval transcriptome of Acropora millepora in a
single 454 run.

According to our policy of prompt data sharing, we posted the results
on our lab's website. You can download raw data (only trimmed to
remove adapter sequences and very short reads) as well as the results
of the assembly, which in addition to 454 data included about 12,000
publicly available ESTs (thanks to David J. Miller / Eldon Ball ).

Dig in!

http://www.bio.utexas.edu/research/matz_lab/matzlab/454.html

Coming up: update on Porites stress project, additional statistics
and about 200 sequences; current version is at
http://www.bio.utexas.edu/research/matz_lab/matzlab/Data_files/Porites
%20Stress%20DB-3.html

(should you have problems with the above links, please let us know ASAP)

Misha Matz
Elisha Meyer

University of Texas at Austin
Integrative Biology Section