[Coral-List] Underwater video surveys and gear

Kevin Kohler kevin at nova.edu
Thu May 1 10:48:32 EDT 2008

   Brad,
   Regarding  the  software  portion  of your question, you might want to
   check  out  Coral  Point  Count  with  Excel extensions (CPCe). It's a
   PC-based  program  offered by the National Coral Reef Institute which,
   using  images  derived  from your video transects, allows you to point
   count  the  images  to  estimate  percent  cover, as well as calculate
   planar  area  of  benthic  features.  Secondly,  it  won't impact your
   budget, as it's offered free of charge.
   More information can be found at [1]http://www.nova.edu/ocean/cpce.
   Best,
   Kevin