[Coral-List] Hawksbill turtle predating on corals

Barbara Whitman terramar at caribcable.com
Thu May 15 11:42:17 EDT 2008

The hawksbill turtles I have raised love sea anemones.  If they are in a
tank with one it does not last more than a minute or two.  They have also
eaten the corals but I didn't make note of what kind. The hawksbill turtles
are usually in a tank that is as close to a reef environment as I can get
it.  They have eaten, on their own, many kinds of fish, slipper lobsters,
spiny lobsters, anemones, corals, crabs.

Barb Whitman
Nevis