[Coral-List] Milestone

John McManus jmcmanus at rsmas.miami.edu
Sun May 25 22:28:34 EDT 2008

I agree entirely with Billy Causey's assessment. I would add that in my
opinion, coral-list is the single most important advancement in coral reef
conservation and science to date. It is the thread that holds the coral reef
community together, and that makes it a community.

I seriously doubt that we would see the rapid expansion of coral reef MPAs
and other conservation efforts, nor the amassing of knowledge about issues
such as coral bleaching, and coral disease without Coral List.

Congratulations for the success to date, and I look forward to future
decades of the effort.

Cheers!

John

John W. McManus, PhD
Director, National Center for Coral Reef Research (NCORE)
Professor, Marine Biology and Fisheries
Coral Reef Ecology and Management Lab (CREM Lab)
Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science (RSMAS)
University of Miami, 4700 Rickenbacker Causeway, Miami, 33149
jmcmanus at rsmas.miami.edu      http://ncore.rsmas.miami.edu
 Phone: 305-421-4814   Fax: 305-421-4910

  "If I cannot build it, I do not understand it."
              --Richard Feynman, Nobel Laureate