[Coral-List] Call for photos by ReefBase

Teh, Lay Hoon (WorldFish) L.Teh at cgiar.org
Mon May 26 01:34:47 EDT 2008

Dear Coral-Listers,

The ReefBase website
<http://www.reefbase.org/resource_center/photos.aspx>  would like to
extend a request for photo contributions for its website's gallery.

The gallery is part of ReefBase's objective to develop a relational
database and information system for structured information on coral
reefs.

These resources will serve as a computerized encyclopedia and analytical
tool for supporting reef management, conservation and researches around
the world.

Hence our photos in the gallery is freely accessible to our registered
users and the public strictly for non-commercialized purposes only.

If you have a collection of relevant photos concerning:

*         coral reefs (fisheries, biology, bleaching, etc)

*         mangroves and coastal ecosystems

*         community based management/ participation and resource
management

*         coral reef monitoring, survey and evaluation,

... please forward it to me (in high definition, JPEG format) with the
following details:

*         Photo caption

*         Date of photo taken

*         Latitude and longitude (if possible)

*         Locality

*         Country

Please ensure that you possess the ownership of the copyrights to the
photos that you will contribute.

Should you have a website or email if you wish to be contacted, we will
have your photos linked back to you - ensuring that you have the full
credit of those photos.

ReefBase will be selecting a photo each month to be featured in our
monthly newsletters and also on the website.

Currently ReefBase is on the lookout for photos from the Pacific
Islands; however photos from other regions are also welcomed.

Please email me personally the photos that you wish to submit and also
if there are any questions or suggestions for the ReefBase website.

Many thanks for your kind assistance and looking forward to hear from
you soon.

Cheers,

Evelyn Teh

(L.Teh at cgiar.org)