[Coral-List] Looking for literature regarding macroalgae refuge on bommie tops

Nicholas Bilotti nbilotti at gmail.com
Mon May 26 17:57:20 EDT 2008

Hi there.  My research team is in the process of studying the effects of
Turbinaria ornata providing refuge for other macroalgal species on back reef
communities.  We aren't having trouble finding algae-animal or animal-algae
refuge associations literature.  We just can't seem to find anything that
gives us some insight into previous work done on macroalgae providing refuge
for other macroalgae species.

We have begun our experimentation and have been getting some really cool
results.  If anyone can point us in the direction of some good literature,
we would really appreciate it.  Cheers!

Nicholas Bilotti
University of California, Los Angeles