[Coral-List] PhD student opportunities at the University of Texas at Arlington

Mydlarz, Laura mydlarz at uta.edu
Tue Nov 18 12:05:59 EST 2008

Ph.D. Research: Marine Ecological Immunity and Physiology, Mydlarz Lab, University of Texas at Arlington

I am seeking one to two highly motivated Ph.D. students interested in joining the Mydlarz Lab at the University of Texas at Arlington. My lab currently has several lines of research open to new students including: comparative and ecological immunity in corals, coral-microbial interactions and antibacterial natural products, and algal physiology (symbionts as well as free-living toxic species).  Research projects typically involve a combination of field and lab work.  For additional information see the lab website at:  http://www.uta.edu/faculty/mydlarz/Mydlarz_Lab/Mydlarz_Lab.html

Positions are available for Fall Semester 2009.  Students in my lab are supported by a combination of fellowships, research assistantships and teaching assistantships. Please visit  http://www.uta.edu/biology/home.html for departmental information, admission requirements, and application information..   The application deadline is February 15th, 2009 and on campus visits begin in March.

Please contact me at Mydlarz at uta.edu<mailto:Mydlarz at uta.edu> if you have any questions about the application process or research projects.

Laura D. Mydlarz
Assistant Professor
University of Texas at Arlington