[Coral-List] Underwater videos Rigs

Gene Shinn eshinn at marine.usf.edu
Thu Oct 9 13:18:19 EDT 2008

This subject seems to have elicited many thoughtful comments. As for
invasive species I wonder how many rigs are being towed around the
world versus tankers and container ships crisscrossing the oceans?  I
suspect this is another reason why we should find our own energy
rather than have all those ships bring in invasive species. Might
mention that there have been at least two National Academy of
Sciences reports on oil in the oceans. I don't remember the exact
numbers but on an annual basis it around 95% that goes into the
oceans from shipping and land runoff.  Gene
--

No Rocks, No Water, No Ecosystem (EAS)
E. A. Shinn, Courtesy Professor