[Coral-List] Job hunting

giorgina obrist giorginaobrist at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 3 08:09:44 EDT 2008

Dear Coral- List- Subscriber,

I am writing to you to express my keen interest in being involved in reef monitoring,

reef management and ocean awareness teaching. Let me briefly explain how I could

contribute to such projects, and to tell you a little about my studies and myself. I finished my Masters of Science in Zoology, in Zürich in 2005. This work was carried out in Uli Reyer's lab at the University of Zürich and in the field in Mexico (La Paz) and Belize (Glovers Atoll). Through my thesis work, supervised by Gil Rosenthal of the Boston University Marine Program, I gained significant fieldwork experience. My field research included underwater videography and behavioural observation work. Within my masters studies areas of interest were, and continue to be ecology, behaviour and conservation.I have 12 years SCUBA experience, having dived worldwide (Padi DM Qualified).  In the last 3 years I gained extensive experience guiding tours in the nature. I am very keen in the Zoo- guiding job in Zürich, where I guide people of all age classes through one of the most amazing ecosystems on earth (except the ocean) : the rainforest (check out: Masoala hall Zürich: www.zoo.ch) I  also gained significant experience in project management, working for games and fisheries in Zürich. Due to my interest in working with young people and transmitting my enthusiasm for nature I enjoy a lot teaching biology. I will get my teaching degree in January 09 (High school/college level).  Needless to say, I am very keen to be involved in a coral reef monitoring project and teaching position. Do you know anybody involved in ocean awareness programmes?  Thank you in advance for your help And have a great day Yours sincerelyGiorgina Obristgiorginaobrist(at) hotmail.com