[Coral-List] Grants-Protect Our Reefs

David Vaughan dvaughan at mote.org
Wed Sep 3 09:02:32 EDT 2008

Announcing the 2008 Protect Our Reefs, (POR) Mote License Plate Grants,
Request For Proposals.

Information available at: http://www.mote.org/4reef

Proposals due: December 15, 2008

  *NOTICE OF: Mote Marine Laboratory “Protect Our Reefs” *

  *2008 License Plate Grant Funding Availability- Request For Proposal*//

* *

      *GRANT TITLE/LINK *

* *

Ø *Protect Our Reefs***

*http://www.mote.org/4reef*

* *

* *

        FUNDING SOURCE

* And LINK *

* *

Ø *Mote Marine Laboratory – Protect Our Reefs License Plate*

*http://www.mote.org/4reef*

* *

* *

*WHO CAN APPLY?*

* *

Ø Eligible organizations shall be based in Florida and engaged in reef
research, education and/or conservation. Applicants must be a public
agency, educational institution or a non-profit entity as designated by
the IRS.

* *

      *HOW CAN THE GRANT MONEY BE USED?*

* *

Ø Eligible organizations can utilize the funds to support projects
related to research, education (and outreach) and/or conservation of the
Florida Coral Reef Ecosystem. Priorities are similar to those outlined
by the: Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary Science Plan, the
NOAA-Coral Reef Conservation Program, the Water Quality Protection
Program, and the National Undersea Research Program descriptions of
coral reef research priorities and other existing coral reef program
priorities.

* *

      *GRANT AMOUNTS **and **Number of Awards*

Ø Not specified. It is forecast that approximately $410,000 will be
available for this year’s (2008) funding and that higher amounts are
anticipated in future years.

Ø The program has no predetermined grant amount by category, geography
or type of project.

Ø All proposals will be reviewed by the Grants Advisory Committee, which
will set priorities and make recommendations for awards to the President
of Mote Marine Laboratory.

* *

      *MATCH/LEVERAGE*

      *REQUIREMENT*

Ø None required, but matching funds and partnerships with entities, such
as, Mote Marine Laboratory; Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary;
Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission, or other relevant organizations
are encouraged.

* *

          KEY DATES

* *

Ø RFP: August 31, 2008.

Ø Proposals due: December 15, 2008.

Ø Notifications: April 15, 2009.

Ø Grants Awarded: April 30, 2009.

*OTHER GRANT INFORMATION: On the website at; *

*_WWW.MOTE.ORG/4reef <http://www.mote.org/4reef> _*

Any questions about the program should be directed to Bruce Frerer,
Grants Advisory Committee. bfrerer at mote.org