[Coral-List] Oil spills in Aruba by refinery causing major damage to environment

RainbowWarriorsInternational southern_caribbean at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 10:09:24 EDT 2008

To the biodiversity and global coral reefs community at large.

This is an urgent message requesting help to report and denounce continuous oil spills and leakage from the Valero refinery in Aruba, which is severely affecting local coral reefs and the larid seabird breeding populations on the San Nicolas Bay keys in Aruba.

We are preparing a web site with video footage and (aerial) photography to show the extent of the damage The video and photo materials will be provided by local environmental NGO Accion Ambiental which has been covering the issue in collaboration with the Dutch Coast Guard of the Antilles and Aruba.

We need to know if and where we can litigate against Valero and which legislation applies.

regards

Milton Ponson, President
Rainbow Warriors Core Foundation
(Rainbow Warriors International)
Tel. +297 568 5908
PO Box 1154, Oranjestad
Aruba, Dutch Caribbean
Email: southern_caribbean at yahoo.com
Web Sites: http://www.southerncaribbean.org
http://www.rainbowwarriors.net (Global)
http://www.ecoaruba.com (Aruba)

To unite humanity in a global society dedicated to a sustainable way of life